- About Us
- English Language School
- Overview – English Programs
- English Levels and Placement
- Delivery Methods
- Admission Policy and Procedure
- How Do I Apply?
- Student Life
- FAQ – English Studies
- Prices – English Language School
- Make Payment
- Why Immerse?
Professional English Program
Business English Course Description
For busy professionals and those interested in learning the specialized English of the business world, this program provides 3 levels of proficiency. The English for Special Purposes model is applied to the design of this program. The students learn the particular vocabulary and grammatical skills needed in business settings while they improve their overall English language proficiency. The program begins at the pre-intermediate level of proficiency by introducing the words, phrases, and concepts of business in English that the students already know in their own language. They transfer their knowledge to English forms of communication. As they advance through the intermediate, they learn even more integrate vocabulary and become more fluent in their business-setting conversations. Lastly they reach the advanced stages of fluency. More complicated written communication, and the aspects of business such as advertising, marketing, sales, finance, and global banking are reinforced in English. Business and American idioms are taught throughout the three levels of this program so the students can readily understand American social language, too.
ESL Levels 3-5 Intermediate, Upper Intermediate to Advanced only
* For best results, it is recommended that the Professional Business English Program course be taken for 16 weeks, 18 hours per week, which equals 288 hours of effective instruction with a highly-trained ESL teacher. For Individualized Instruction, the Business English course can be tailored to the schedule, timing and needs of each student or family.
* Placement tests are given to measure the student’s proficiency level.
* Post-tests are given every 8 weeks to show student progress and test-taking strengths.
* Student achievement measures are taken weekly in the form of quizzes, oral presentations, writing assignments, and listening comprehension quizzes.
* This program is often offered as individual instruction for a different price scale.
* Minimum of 4 students per class