- About Us
- English Language School
- Overview – English Programs
- English Levels and Placement
- Delivery Methods
- Admission Policy and Procedure
- How Do I Apply?
- Student Life
- FAQ – English Studies
- Prices – English Language School
- Make Payment
- Why Immerse?
English Language School Admission Policy
2. The Immerse English Language School offers all courses described in this document/website.
a. However, a minimum enrollment of four students is required for a group class to be held.
b. One-on-One or Small Group tutoring (for those at the same level) is available when Group Classes are not.
3. If a student is switching the format of their study from a Group Class to One-on-One, the value of tuition paid will be applied according to the course. It will mean a different number of class hours per week, but much more individual attention from the teacher.
An example of this exchange could look like this: a student switching from Group Classes to One-on-One would go from eight hours of shared time in a Group Class with other students to four hours per week, one-on-one with the teacher, focused totally on the student’s goals and needs. There would be no additional cost. The number of hours is different because the focus and delivery of instruction is so different. The value of the tuition paid is equal.
4. If a class is not offered due to low enrollment, and One-on-One tutoring is not desired, students will receive a full refund of any tuition paid. Click here to see Refund Policy.
5. English Proficiency Level: Specific programs have proficiency level requirements, as shown on the English Language School Overview of English Programs page. A general description of proficiency levels may be seen by clicking here.
6. Schedule: most English classes are offered year-round and in sequence, when applicable. Students must begin classes on the first day of a session, typically available every four to eight weeks. If a student is not able to attend the full four, eight, or 16-week class, he or she may finish early, but must start the first week of any given session.
7. If there is not a course available at a student’s level or in their desired area of focus, then One-on-One tutoring is available. Immerse will do placement testing, language learning needs assessment, and goal setting with the student to develop an individual education plan for the time available.
8. Age Requirements:
a. For English study, students must be 14 years old to be admitted.
b. For Housing, students must be 18 years old to be a resident at Immerse.
c. Note: Younger students or residents may inquire. Unique circumstances may apply and special permission and arrangements may be possible.
Contact Immerse if you have any questions related to your admission.
- Immerse International
- 321 Manor Avenue
- Millersville, PA 17551