- About Us
- English Language School
- Overview – English Programs
- English Levels and Placement
- Delivery Methods
- Admission Policy and Procedure
- How Do I Apply?
- Student Life
- FAQ – English Studies
- Prices – English Language School
- Make Payment
- Why Immerse?
Transportation to Immerse International
Immerse is conveniently located near several airports and public transportation options, as described below.
It is easiest to fly into Philadelphia International Airport (PHL). From PHL, you may use the SEPTA train to connect directly to the Amtrak train line to Lancaster, PA. (See detailed instruction below for Taking Train from PHL Airport to Lancaster, PA.) Staff from Immerse will pick you up from the Lancaster Train Station at no cost. The station is just over seven kilometers (4.6 miles) away. Other nearby airports are listed below, as well as costs for pickup.
Optional Services—Pick-Up From
Lancaster, PA Train Station is FREE.
Harrisburg International Airport (MDT) is $50.
Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) is $150.
Baltimore International Airport (BWI) is $150.
It is simple to train into Lancaster, PA from all major Amtrak lines. Staff from Immerse will pick you up at no cost from the Lancaster Train Station, which is just over seven kilometers (4.6 miles) away.
The SEPTA system covers all of greater Philadelphia. Specifically, trains go from the Philadelphia International Airport to Center City. At the 30th Street Station, you may connect with Amtrak trains to Lancaster. (See detailed instruction below for Taking Train from PHL Airport to Lancaster, PA.)
Immerse International is on a main bus route of the Red Rose Transit system. Bus Route #16 travels both directions in front of the our campus and connects with all other bus lines at the Queen Street Station in Lancaster City. The MU Xpress line goes from Millersville directly to the Park City Mall (See Shopping).
Instructions for Taking Train from PHL Airport to Lancaster, PA
1. Catch SEPTA train from Philadelphia International Airport (PHL) and take toward Center City. Get off at 30th Street Station. Trains stop at all major Philadelphia International Airport terminals, and reach Center City Philadelphia in approximately 25 minutes, with one intermediate stop. Learn more. View MAP of Philadelphia International Airport (PHL).
2. Once at 30th Street Station, walk into main terminal hall and look for the Amtrak Desk. You may purchase a ticket directly to Lancaster, PA, currently $15. You may purchase tickets from the Amtrak Sales counter or from the Amtrak Kiosks located nearby. Kiosks require a debit or major credit card. Tickets may also be purchased in advance either by phone or online. Learn More.
3. IMPORTANT: Once you have your ticket and know your boarding and arrival time in Lancaster, please notify us by calling 717-872-7085 or the cell phone number given to you in advance. We will have someone at the station to pick you up. The Lancaster Train Station is a 15-minute drive from Immerse.
(Photo of Main Hall in 30th Street Station (Photo from http://www.pps.org/great_public_spaces/one?public_place_id=754#, available January 2013. Map of Philadelphia Airport from http://www.aviationexplorer.com/airport_terminal_maps/philadelphia-airport-terminal-map.htm, available October 2013.)